السبت، 3 أكتوبر 2015

How I cured my hyperpigmentation, eczema and had a normal cycle after 7 years

My Story

I lived in India till I was 27. Then came to USA for my MBA degree. I now work in Texas as a Marketing manager. So yes I have no medicine background and whatever I write here onwards is based on my personal experience and reading over the internet. I have tried a million things for my PCOS but not all work.

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 23. My doctor told me to lose weight and start using birth control pills. I was young and not planning to conceive any time soon so it didn't really matter what I was ingesting as long as it cured my acne. I was overweight maybe be by around 5-6 pounds but nothing too serious. Had some hairfall problem but no hirsutism. Very mild eczema. BCP gave instant relief to all my problems.. but not for too long.

I stayed on BCP for a while. But by the time I was 27, BCP had almost no effect. I was 15 pounds overweight and the scale was moving rightwards only. I had bald patches on my scalp, hair growth on my chin, bad acne. Very scanty period.

I am 31 now. Until two months back, I was overweight by over 20 pounds, have hair on my chin and sideburns, rough coarse hair even though I was born with beautiful silky hair, acne. Non existent period. But worst of all I had HORRIBLE dark pigmentation and eczema around my nose and lips that aggravates in winter.

My Cure
For the past two months this what I did to clear my eczema and pigmentation and get a normal period.

1. Acne and eczema have a direct connection with sugar level (my own observation). So if you want to cure eczema and pigmentation go ahead and fix your sugar level first. I started taking the following to control my sugar level
- Hyponidd - 2 pills a day. This will balance sugar.
- Pregnitude (even though I am not trying to conceive) - 2 sachet a day. This will heal your insulin and help you process sugar better. "Very important step"
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 teaspoon with water. This will balance sugar level
- Zinc oxide ointment - its a highly effective cream for clearing eczema, pigmentation and spots

2. To have a normal cycle, I decided to go natural with
- Vitex - 2 pills a day (can increase to 3 pills a day)

3. For reducing inflammation of ovaries, and joints (inflammation of joints gives us joint pains), skin pigmentation, acne and dark spots plus to control sugar, I take
- Turmeric - 1 teaspoon (not tablespoon) mixed in 5 tablespoon of warm water before sleeping. You can buy Turmeric powder from any local Indian store or amazon. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP, A MIRACLE WORKER!!

4. For overall health,
- 1 vitamin pill a day- take any but I am taking Zincovit. Many years back a dermatologist told me that Zinc helps skin healing so that is my logic of taking Zincovit
- Dandelion root- 2 pills a day. Its a new addition but I am using it for eczema, inflammation and liver cleansing. Also flushes out excessive hormones. Use it depending on your symptoms.

5. For face cleansing, use a a good exfoliating cleanser. I use a mixture of
- 1 drop of Neutrogena Pore refining cleanser (Alphaand Beta Hydroxy formula with microbeads)- sells at $6.5 at walmart
- 1 drop of Aveeno skin brightening daily scrub (the one in green tube)
- 1 drop of 3in1 exfoliating cleanser by Clean and Clear (5% benzoyl peroxide formula) dont use 10% otherwise your skin will dry out. Good to kill germs and bacteria if use makeup or travel in air pollution.
** Frankly any one of these is enough or anything else that suits your skin. But additionally wash your face with a mild soap when there is dirt or oil on skin that won't go away with the cleanser alone. Use judgement though.

6. Stay in warm environment and stay in the sun at least 5-10 minutes a day

Effects after 1 month of this regime-

Eczema is 100% gone
Skin pigmentation is 90% gone
I got a real period 3 days back ... AFTER 4 years!!
My hair is soft and less coarse
Joint pain and fatigue- much much less
Hair fall and hirsutism - same as before because I am not doing anything about it at the moment
weight problem- same as before because I am not doing anything about it at the moment
....Once I cheated on the regimen 2-3 days straight and then I noticed eczema coming back so please be "regular"

**I never took metformin because it makes me nauseous. I have stopped BCP completely because I am having vitex (never mix the two).

Optional Things
- I have experimented with Biotin but it gave me bad acne altough I had exponential hair growth. If you want to try biotin, start with a mild dosage like 1000 mcg or something and NOT 10,000 mcg even though they cost the same :)

- 1 Karela's juice (bittergourd) a day can be had every now and then. Its just toooo bitter so I dont have it too often. But its hugely effective for clearing skin, controlling sugar and WEIGHT LOSS.

Moderation is key
I wrote down the dosage for each item because I have come to realize that moderation is the key. Sometimes we think that if I take more of something, I will heal faster. But that is frankly not the case. Overdoing anything is harmful and will have side effects. So for example, I take only 2 pills of Hyponidd instead of 4 but I have fenugreek seeds and Turmeric along with it to control my sugar level.

Weight loss
Lastly, weight loss- I havent experienced significant weight loss because well lets be honest, I am not even trying. But I did lose 5 pounds in the last two months after I went on a green smoothie breakfast diet. And weeks when I workout 2-3 hrs in total, I see some extra pound loss but that comes back when I am not going to the gym. So I'll say my weight fluctuates depending on my diet and exercise.

But yes I hardly eat out. I cook fresh home cooked vegetarian meals at home

Where to Order
Fenugreek seeds and Turmeric- Look for an Indian store because it will be cheaper than amazon. If not then order from Amazon.
Hypnoidd, Zincoxide ointment, Pregnitude, Vitex and Dandellion root (both are nature's way brand) - ordered from Amazon
Face cleansers - Always from Walmart because they are so much cheaper. A tip for girls in India- use any ayurvedic or home made scrub because they are equally effective and so much cheaper.


Cost $$

If you are on low budget but dont want to go skimpy on health, Start with Turmeric powder ($4-5 at indian store), Hypnoidd ($22 for 120 tablets) and Vitex ($7). If you are in India, Hyponidd is way cheaper there.

If you are on medium budget: Turmeric Powder + Hypnoidd + Vitex + Zinc oxide ointment ($7) + Fenugreek seeds ($4-5 at indian store)

If you are on full budget: Turmeric powder + Hyponidd+ Vitex +Zinc oxide ointment +Fenugreek seeds + Pregnitude ($40) +Any Vitamin pill ($7)+ Dandellion root. I have listed out pregnitude on high budget list only because its so freaking expensive. But if you can afford it I will say its totally worth it.

Let me know how it works out for you..


How I cured my hyperpigmentation, eczema and had a normal cycle after 7 years

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق