الأحد، 4 أكتوبر 2015

Mild Fatty Liver Disease and/or No Gallbladder in Pregnancy

Hi all,

I'm just curious if anyone has gone through a pregnancy (or currently going through one), with either a mildly fatty liver or without their gallbladder. For me, I had my GB removed in 2005, and in the wake have had bouts of mildly fatty liver deposits - also some evidence of some deposits in my pancreas. My doctor was not concerned, except with the reminder to monitor my diet and keep the fat content low (I'll admit, I was eating more bacon that I normally do when those tests showed the fatty deposits). Before becoming pregnant I'd also had a blood test that showed my Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP) was around 200 - really high - but the rheumatologist I was seeing (being screened for lupus, as it runs in my family), said since I don't have my gallbladder it's not biggie.

So anyways, I'm 17 weeks now and just thinking about whether any or all of this has an impact in pregnancy. I'm still following a low-fat diet - although I'm allowing myself red meat once a week for the extra protein and iron. I'm guilty of Googling today and wondering if my risk for something like ICP - obstetric cholestasis will be higher because I have had these other liver/digestive issues. Does having/not having a gallbladder really make a difference in pregnancy and/or to this? I'll follow-up with my family doc to get her thoughts on this since we've never talked about the ALP level from the specialist - but just curious if anyone else has had something similar.


Mild Fatty Liver Disease and/or No Gallbladder in Pregnancy

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق