I apologise if I'm committing a faux-pas and posting in the wrong section. I know forums have rules for good reason.. I am also sorry for the slightly longer post. But I'm feeling so overwhelmed and I don't know where to turn to. I've tried speaking to my mother and best friend (they're my go to people) but neither of them have been confronted with anything like this and just don't seem to understand it.
So brief run down. I came off the pill after 10 years in November 2014, had a 38 day cycle and then fell pregnant. Sadly I miscarried at 10 weeks (just as we were about to go on our honeymoon..). Then the trouble started. My period never really came back. I went back to my GYN and she told me I was just putting myself under pressure and desperate to get pregnant. In other words "relax it will all be fine". But nothing happened. I started to loose my hair, gain weight, and my skin.. 34 years old and my skin is worse than when I was 15! My hairline has receded so much so I daren't tie it back because it shows too much. I felt wrong but the doctors wouldn't listen. After 4 months with no period I went back and she drew blood and checked did an ultrasound. Ovaries were classic for PCOS but my uterine lining was really thin. She gave me a prescription of HRT and told me to try acupuncture and come back in three months. Blood test results showed all hormones low/normal except LH which was high. However, I only found that out because I insisted on receiving a copy of the results. She never called or explained - nothing.
So I went to another doc. He sent me for a glucose tolerance test. It showed that I am "slightly" insulin resistant. By that I mean I have a value of 1.96 for the docs over here (in Switzerland) you are only classified as insulin resistant with a value of 2.0. So by their standards I do not qualify for metformin treatment.
Unhappy with the level of treatment I went to another Doc who is also specialised in reproductive endocrinology. She retested and confirmed PCOS. I went for two ultra sounds a week a part and they showed no growth of the uterine lining (I had just had a period after 53 days before the first). Anyway, now it's one month of HRT then clomid..
I'm happy that something is finally happening. I feel at least this new doc is taking me seriously. But I just feel so overwhelmed and frightened of the road ahead. Mostly I feel so terribly alone. My husband is not overly supportive. He tries but all he keeps saying is that I need to focus on the future and not waste energy getting down about this. But I find it a really upsetting thing to find out that my body doesn't work properly...
I would love to just connect with other women who know what it's like to go through this.. Thanks for taking the time to read this..
So brief run down. I came off the pill after 10 years in November 2014, had a 38 day cycle and then fell pregnant. Sadly I miscarried at 10 weeks (just as we were about to go on our honeymoon..). Then the trouble started. My period never really came back. I went back to my GYN and she told me I was just putting myself under pressure and desperate to get pregnant. In other words "relax it will all be fine". But nothing happened. I started to loose my hair, gain weight, and my skin.. 34 years old and my skin is worse than when I was 15! My hairline has receded so much so I daren't tie it back because it shows too much. I felt wrong but the doctors wouldn't listen. After 4 months with no period I went back and she drew blood and checked did an ultrasound. Ovaries were classic for PCOS but my uterine lining was really thin. She gave me a prescription of HRT and told me to try acupuncture and come back in three months. Blood test results showed all hormones low/normal except LH which was high. However, I only found that out because I insisted on receiving a copy of the results. She never called or explained - nothing.
So I went to another doc. He sent me for a glucose tolerance test. It showed that I am "slightly" insulin resistant. By that I mean I have a value of 1.96 for the docs over here (in Switzerland) you are only classified as insulin resistant with a value of 2.0. So by their standards I do not qualify for metformin treatment.
Unhappy with the level of treatment I went to another Doc who is also specialised in reproductive endocrinology. She retested and confirmed PCOS. I went for two ultra sounds a week a part and they showed no growth of the uterine lining (I had just had a period after 53 days before the first). Anyway, now it's one month of HRT then clomid..
I'm happy that something is finally happening. I feel at least this new doc is taking me seriously. But I just feel so overwhelmed and frightened of the road ahead. Mostly I feel so terribly alone. My husband is not overly supportive. He tries but all he keeps saying is that I need to focus on the future and not waste energy getting down about this. But I find it a really upsetting thing to find out that my body doesn't work properly...
I would love to just connect with other women who know what it's like to go through this.. Thanks for taking the time to read this..
Newbie TTC looking for words of support/wisdom
0 التعليقات:
إرسال تعليق