الثلاثاء، 6 أكتوبر 2015

pretty sure I just experienced a rectal prolapse!

I just left a message with the nurse line at my doctor's office. But in the meantime I was hoping maybe someone on here may have experienced something similar to this. This is my third baby, and I've been experiencing severe constipation while pregnant.

After a long period of having no bowel movements and all, I was finally able to start passing some stool yesterday. I had to strain a little, and I started to have a strange sensation as I pushed down.

Sorry I know this is about the sound really gross, but the sensation was coming from my vaginal opening. I became concerned so I felt around down there and discovered that my vaginal wall was prolapsing through the opening, & I could clearly feel stool was the direct result of why it was prolapsing. As I bared down my stool was pushing out through the opening of my vagina instead of my anus. I know, gross! Sorry! I panicked and without thinking, I used my fingers to push the stool back up where it should have been and was able to pass the bowel movement with little effort after that. I have a couple of concerns, one is that it prolapsed, the other is that because I was so panicked I didn't think to wash my hands before inserting my fingers into my vaginal canal ( my hands never touched stool directly, but still there may be bacteria on my fingers). So I may have introduced bacteria or given myself an infection without thinking about it. I already have a follow up appointment on Thursday with my midwife (for an ultrasound)so I'm hoping she can test me for any bacteria that may be brewing now.

Has anyone ever experienced any kind of prolapse during pregnancy, and what sort of things were you concerned with?


pretty sure I just experienced a rectal prolapse!

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق