Dear Cysters
I am nearing 40 pcos sufferer visibly for the past ~12 years. Since puberty I have never had regular menstrual cycles but I never gave it a thought. After getting married I have started noticing the classic symptoms visibly .
I am overweight , extremely thin hair , excessive hair growth, infertility, extreme dry feet and have bad dry skin issues. Out of which, my dry skin is the least worrying symptom.
I suffered a great deal from infertility and luckily conceived twice after going through multiple rounds of IUI the first time and multiple IUIs, fresh IVF and 3 frozen cycles later the second time.
I have tried BC pills, metformin before which I believe contributed to my weight gain and mood swings earlier. I stopped taking any medications for the past 4 years (related to PCOS).
Now I would like to take control of pcos and have started with my exercise regimen. I have been doing strength training and also cardio for ~ 150 min in a week(most of the week).
If I do my exercise every single day of the week I get periods once in a month.
I have been eating low carb almost most of the time except on weekends where it turns into high carb. I met an Endocrinologist and I asked him to prescribe metformin since I believe I can manage the side effects better this time.
I also started drinking green tea or oolong tea 2 cups in a day and drinking atleast 8 glasses of water.
Recently I have started reading more about pcos and kind of confused by the number of supplments / medications others take. I am hoping someone would be able to help me to decide which supplements to take based on the symptoms(weight gain, hirsutism,thinning hair etc).
Cinnamon supplements
Chromium
DIM/DIM plus
Inositol
Stinging Nettle Root
Saw Palmetto
Iodine supplements
Vitamin D supplements
Agnus Castus and Coenzyme Q10
Spironolactone
Spearmint Tea
Progesterone Cream
Vaniqa
My Endocrinologist has not responded to my queries about what type of supplements should I be taking. I cannot change doctors too because of my insurance.
Not sure if I am missing any other medications/supplements. Would you pls. help me by suggesting what should I be taking in aiding my weight loss and reducing my hair growth on face.
Thanks
I am nearing 40 pcos sufferer visibly for the past ~12 years. Since puberty I have never had regular menstrual cycles but I never gave it a thought. After getting married I have started noticing the classic symptoms visibly .
I am overweight , extremely thin hair , excessive hair growth, infertility, extreme dry feet and have bad dry skin issues. Out of which, my dry skin is the least worrying symptom.
I suffered a great deal from infertility and luckily conceived twice after going through multiple rounds of IUI the first time and multiple IUIs, fresh IVF and 3 frozen cycles later the second time.
I have tried BC pills, metformin before which I believe contributed to my weight gain and mood swings earlier. I stopped taking any medications for the past 4 years (related to PCOS).
Now I would like to take control of pcos and have started with my exercise regimen. I have been doing strength training and also cardio for ~ 150 min in a week(most of the week).
If I do my exercise every single day of the week I get periods once in a month.
I have been eating low carb almost most of the time except on weekends where it turns into high carb. I met an Endocrinologist and I asked him to prescribe metformin since I believe I can manage the side effects better this time.
I also started drinking green tea or oolong tea 2 cups in a day and drinking atleast 8 glasses of water.
Recently I have started reading more about pcos and kind of confused by the number of supplments / medications others take. I am hoping someone would be able to help me to decide which supplements to take based on the symptoms(weight gain, hirsutism,thinning hair etc).
Cinnamon supplements
Chromium
DIM/DIM plus
Inositol
Stinging Nettle Root
Saw Palmetto
Iodine supplements
Vitamin D supplements
Agnus Castus and Coenzyme Q10
Spironolactone
Spearmint Tea
Progesterone Cream
Vaniqa
My Endocrinologist has not responded to my queries about what type of supplements should I be taking. I cannot change doctors too because of my insurance.
Not sure if I am missing any other medications/supplements. Would you pls. help me by suggesting what should I be taking in aiding my weight loss and reducing my hair growth on face.
Thanks
Confused by the number of medications/supplements. Help needed
0 التعليقات:
إرسال تعليق